Can we predict price changes of cryptocurrencies?
“Stock market prediction is the act of trying to determine the future value of a company stock or other financial instrument traded on an exchange. The successful prediction of a stock’s future price could yield significant profit. The efficient-market hypothesis suggests that stock prices reflect all currently available information and any price changes that are not based on newly revealed information thus are inherently unpredictable. Others disagree and those with this viewpoint possess myriad methods and technologies which purportedly allow them to gain future price information.” – Wikipedia.
Сan we predict let's say Bitcoin?
Just look at the chart above. It was done in March 2018. Yellow line (Tindex EMA for 50 days) shows very clear correlation for price drop.
Okay but what about other cryptocurrencies? Let’s take a look:
What is Tindex anyway?
Tindex (Token index) was born in 2016 as experiment in trying to predict price changes of different cryptocurrencies. You can read a bit more at Tindex website. Technical details of project:
- ~40 scrapers has been created to extract data from most popular news resources
- Another 9 545 websites were found by using Google Search and processed by modified readability library
- Scraped over 200 social media accounts of industry influencers (Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, etc.)
- 121 752 articles/blog posts/tweets analyzed
- Used Google natural language processing (see https://cloud.google.com/natural-language/ for details)
- All scrapes placed in Microsoft Azure Cloud hosting
Tindex is in alpha version of development. Beta version with early access planned to Q2-Q3 2019. Subscribe to our newsletter or fill contact form for additional details.