How to extract data from Yellow Pages?
“Today, the expression yellow pages is used globally, in both English-speaking and non-English speaking countries. In the United States, it refers to the category, while in some other countries it is a registered name and therefore a proper noun. The term Yellow Pages is not a registered name within the United States and is freely used by many companies. Telephone directories using the official internet address “yellowpages.xx” exist in 75 different countries. They are edited by many different phone companies and directory publishers, mostly independent from each other.” – Wikipedia.
Basically there are hundreds of “yellow pages” like websites doing local business listing in different countries. Looking for data extraction from www.yellowpages.com or any other similar website? Welcome to HandyData™! Our team has complete dozens of scrapers for data extraction from YP like listings. Take a look at quick demo below:
What information can we scrape?
Well, we can scrape all available information:
- Location (address, city, state, zip)
- Website URL
- Price range
- Description snippet
- Open hours
- Reviews (total count, individual items, etc.)
This list is not the final one and if you was not able to find required fields, then please just let us know and it will be added with no issues.
Yellow Pages scraper features
- Flexible – we can change it as you like to get deeper search by looking for specific keywords or regions, or sending requests to the business owner, or doing whatever it is needed
- Mimics real user – we are using our virtual users technology to avoid scrapers (account, IP address or even subnet) being blocked by service
- Rich output formats – it can be flat .csv file, Excel spreadsheet, data transfer with your internal API or direct import right to your database
- Cron jobs supported – we can setup scrapers to be running on regular basis and scraping required data without additional help from user side
- 6 months of FREE support will help you if HTML structure of the service will be changed. You will receive an update with required scraper changes with no charge